Chocolate-Cherry Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Additional maraschino cherries, halved
- Place the flour, brown sugar and butter in a food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Stir in walnuts. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and cocoa until smooth. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in chopped cherries. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into bars; top each with a cherry half. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 227 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 20, 2018
I have been making these bars for years. I double the recipe and make it in a 9 x13 pan. I got the recipe from a Hersheys cookbook.
Jan 23, 2011
Great recipe i recomend them for a party treat.