- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 32 wafers)
- 6 tablespoons butter (no substitutes), melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained, rinsed and quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 squares (1/2 ounce) white baking chocolate
- In a bowl, combine chocolate crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate; mix well. Gently fold in cherries and pecans. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove side of pan. In a saucepan, melt semisweet chocolate, butter and 1 teaspoon shortening until smooth. Cool for 2 minutes; pour over cheesecake. Spread over the top and let it run down the sides. Cool. In a small saucepan, melt white chocolate and remaining shortening. Drizzle over the top. Cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Cherry Cheesecake
"Made it, and it was great! Used a chocolate ganache in place of the regular topping, and added some almond extract (in addition to the vanilla) to intensify the cherry flavor. Dadbar42, in answer to your question, I usually put parchment paper on the bottom of my cheesecake pans, and then after removing the side form, I can slide the whole cheesecake easily into my serving dish. Hope that helps!"
"Presentation is very nice and tastes wonderful."
"First, I do NOT like cream cheese, but I love to make cheesecakes for my family that loves them! So I am always looking for new recipes to impress my sister-in-laws! Good luck, I know! But, this looks wonderful, I only have one problem. Every time I make one I am scared to death of taking it off the spring-foam pan bottom. But I have pretty cake plates I use. If I leave it on the metal pan bottom, it slides! I am just waiting for someone to send it to the floor! Help!!"
"I made this recipe as directed, it was delicious however I found it a little too sweet for my liking. I made the following changes and it's absolutely fabulous. Everyone asked for the recipe. Crust - I added 1/4 cup almonds. Cheese layer - cut sugar to 1/2 cup, changed vanilla extract to almond extract, I added almonds instead of pecans. If you make the changes it will be one of your favorite recipe."
"I love this cheesecake. It looks so rich and it is. I made it for Christmas and everyone loved it. It looks like a lot of work but it isn't. I do cheat on the crust. I get a ready made one and crust it up with a little butter and press it into the springform pan."
"easy to make and delicious"