VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, stir together all cake ingredients. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour over hot cake. Frosting will harden as it cools. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cherry Cake in Country Woman November/December 1991, p35
Reviews forChocolate Cherry Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 20, 2015
"We love this! So easy too. I used a can of ready made frosting to make it even quicker."