Chocolate-Cherry Brownie Cups
It's so tempting to snitch one of these yummy cups, you'll want to double your recipe. That way, you'll have some to munch on right away while you package the others to give as gifts to friends and family.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until blended. Beat in vanilla and the chocolate mixture. Add flour. Stir in walnuts and cherries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 282 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate-Cherry Brownie Cups in Country Woman Christmas 2000