- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberries and white chocolate shavings, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate just until blended. Pour filling over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish slices with strawberries and chocolate shavings if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Cheesecake
"I used a pre-made oreo pie crust and it worked perfectly and it was yummmmmyyyyy. I ate the whole cheesecake myself in one sitting O:)"
"Can I use Oreo as the crust or will is taste weird ?"
"Made this recipes many times, and people always rave about what a great chocolate cheesecake it is! However, it's not your typical "cakey" cheesecake, so if that's what you're trying for look elsewhere. Though you'll be missing out if you do because it's great."
"I made this recipe for the chocolate recipe ingredient challenge this week! I DID make adjustments to this recipe by using 1-1/2 cups crushed Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies with chocolate-chip cookie dough filling. I used 1/4 cup each of granulated sugar and melted butter for the crust. For the filling, I'd melted the 12-oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips in my double boiler over boiling water and I'd added up to 4 Tbsp. HOT water to the chocolate chips for a smooth texture. I stirred the chocolate until mixture was spreadable. I'd kept the eggs, vanilla, sugar, flour, vanilla the same! I wrapped the springform pan in heavy-duty aluminum foil as other TOH recipes for cheesecake had suggested so that the pan wouldn't leak and baked the cheesecake on a large baking sheet for 40 minutes. The 40 minute time for baking worked well for me! I cooled the cheesecake 10 minutes, then ran a knife/icing spreader around the edge of cheesecake; cooled on wire rack 1 additional hour before refrigerating.This is a really great recipe and so SIMPLE! I left the cheesecake UNGARNISHED! THANK YOU FOR THIS RECIPE! delowenstein"
"This was a hit! Very easy to prepare and everyone loved it! The only thing I changed was the crust for which I used Graham crackers."
"This was a great basic chocolate cheesecake recipe, easy to prepare and even easier to eat! I made it this year for my brother's birthday, he requested chocolate cheesecake with strawberries. After reading through the other reviews I decided to use a traditional graham crust, dark chocolate chips and just a tad less sugar in the filling and I always bake my cheesecakes in a steam bath with the bottom securely covered with foil to prevent any water leaking in. I also waited to top cheesecake with fresh strawberries until just before serving with a mint garnish. Won't forget this one and will be making it again!"
"I made two of these cheesecakes for two different events. They were both hits and both were made completely gluten-free! Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. The first one I topped with fresh raspberries, the second with fresh strawberries. Both delicious! I do not, however recommend leaving the fruit on any leftovers as it will completely change the taste of the cheesecake. I used crushed Trader Joe's chocolate Gluten-Free Joe Joe's for the crust. I think the recipe is perfect! This is definitely a cheesecake for chocolate lovers!"
"Pretty heavy/dense and WAY TOO SWEET. Would not recommend. Maybe cutting the choco chips in half and adding more eggs(??) but I have not tried it that way."