Chocolate Cheesecake Squares
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate sprinkles, optional
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil; grease the foil and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in the egg yolk, vanilla and walnuts.
- Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour, orange zest and salt. Beat in the egg, egg white and vanilla on low speed just until combined.
- Pour filling over warm crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Garnish with chocolate sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Using foil, lift out of the pan; remove foil. Cut into 1-in. squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 142 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 27, 2014
The cheesecake top was awesome. The chocolate base was dry and gritty. Might use the cheesecake top with a brownie mix next time.
Mar 20, 2011
this was so good! i didn't use orange peel and i used a mix of strawberry whipped cream cheese and normal cream cheese instead, and it turned out really good! and i used less sugar because of the strawberry cream cheese. my mom loved it and wants me to make it again later this week
May 4, 2010
The only problem with these is that the recipe didn't make a big enough pan of them! :) Delicious!
Mar 4, 2010
delicious! easy to make!