Chocolate-Cheesecake Cream Puffs
I always get compliments from the chocolate lovers at my table when I serve these dainty puffs.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once, stirring until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop 12 rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool. Split puffs and set tops aside; remove soft dough from inside. Cool.
- 3. For filling, melt chocolate chips in a microwave; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; gradually beat into chocolate mixture. Spoon into cream puffs; replace tops. For glaze, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave. Drizzle over puffs.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC