Chocolate-Cheesecake Cream Puffs
I always get compliments from the chocolate lovers at my table when I serve these dainty puffs.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once, stirring until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop 12 rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool. Split puffs and set tops aside; remove soft dough from inside. Cool.
- For filling, melt chocolate chips in a microwave; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; gradually beat into chocolate mixture. Spoon into cream puffs; replace tops. For glaze, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave. Drizzle over puffs.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 450 calories, 37g fat (22g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.