Mark and I were married in a casual outdoor ceremony. Our "wedding cake" consisted of 30 delicious cheesecakes, including this easy but special one.
Recommended: 23 of Our Most Decadent Chocolate Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 48 squares)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (4 ounces) German sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- In a bowl, combine the first three ingredients. Divide in half and press onto the bottom and up the sides of two ungreased 9-in. pie plates. Refrigerate while preparing filling. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended. Beat in vanilla. Remove 1-1/2 cups cheese mixture to a small bowl; fold in melted chocolate. Divide remaining cream cheese mixture between pie crusts. To make the chain of hearts on each pie, drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate filling, forming 8 drops equally spaced around outside edges and 4 drops in center. Starting in the center of one outer drop, run a knife through the center of each to connect the drops and form a circle of hearts. Repeat with center drops. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire racks for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 2 pies (8 servings each).
Originally published as Chocolate Cheese Pie in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p42
Reviews forChocolate Cheese Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review