- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the marshmallow creme and cocoa; cook and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and cereal. Pat into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Cool before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Cereal Bars
"These aren't super chocolatey which makes me like them more!There are some great high value cereal coupons here:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/general-mills-cereal-for-as-low-as-1-05-a-box-staring-10-27-at-walgreens.html"
"These were just okay. Didn't think they had much of a chocolate flavor. Also, I'm not a big fan of rice crispy bars but the kids like them."
"My 13-yr old daughter loves these and I feel better serving her these instead of the commercial rice krispie bars. To get them to stick together really good, press very firmly into the pan to really pack them down. We stored these in the fridge and they stayed crisp for quite a while, but they are good either on the counter or in the fridge. No guilt grabbing one of these for a not to sweet, crunchy snack and bring down the calories a bit by using a light butter/marg spread. Definite keeper!"
"This cookie rates well on taste, but I do not understand how it got in this Low-carb category."
"These bars did not stick together. I don't think I did anything wrong, though. When I served them, they were very crumbly.~ Theresa"