Chocolate Caramel Tart
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 35 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 30 caramels
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir the caramels and caramel topping over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/4 cup cream and pecans. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips with remaining cream over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over tart. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 478 calories, 31g fat (11g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 1, 2014
I substituted coconut for pecans and sprinkled toasted coconut on top along with the chocolate. Oh, and I used dark chocolate in place of semi sweet.
Dec 10, 2012
SUeqb- di doyu get an answer to your question about freezing this? Did you try?Did it work?
Nov 25, 2010
real rich good with a cup of coffee
Nov 4, 2010
Can you freeze this?
Jun 30, 2010
This sounds very divine
Jun 30, 2010
This tart is a big hit and very easy to make!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.