Chocolate Caramel Tart
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 35 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 30 caramels
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir the caramels and caramel topping over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/4 cup cream and pecans. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips with remaining cream over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over tart. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 478 calories, 31g fat (11g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 1, 2014
I substituted coconut for pecans and sprinkled toasted coconut on top along with the chocolate. Oh, and I used dark chocolate in place of semi sweet.
Dec 10, 2012
SUeqb- di doyu get an answer to your question about freezing this? Did you try?Did it work?
Nov 25, 2010
real rich good with a cup of coffee
Nov 4, 2010
Can you freeze this?
Jun 30, 2010
This sounds very divine
Jun 30, 2010
This tart is a big hit and very easy to make!