Chocolate-Caramel Supreme Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 5 min.
- 30 caramels
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate hearts or curls, optional
- In a large saucepan, add the caramels, butter and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until caramels are melted. Spread over crust; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; spread over caramel layer. Refrigerate.
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips with hot water over low heat; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cream cheese layer. Garnish with chocolate hearts or curls if desired. Chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Hershey caramels.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 553 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 2, 2014
EXCELLENT pie. I use oreos and butter to make my chocolate crust. Otherwise I make no changes. It's rare for me to not change a recipe! I have made this several times. Definitely recommend it!!! It has several textures and amazing overall taste.
Mar 10, 2013
Super good! Love the different flavors and textures, salty, sweet, crunchy, smooth. I make it pretty often.
Nov 11, 2012
It was very tasty, however it was very hard to cut through the caramel.
Dec 6, 2009
This pie was amazing! It tasted just the way I thought it would. The caramel was nice and creamy and not hard at all. My only complaint is that I didn't get a chance to take a slice home because it was all gone! (Just FYI the picture makes the whipped topping look pink but it comes out a medium brown.) I will definitely make this pie again!
Sep 30, 2008
Very easy and yummy!