Chocolate-Caramel Mousse Parfaits
Our home economist came up this tempting dessert that only requires three ingredients. The contrasting layers look lovely in tall, clear glasses.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- For chocolate mousse, heat 2 cups cream in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer, about 180°. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Beat until soft peaks form.
- For caramel mousse, beat remaining cream in a large bowl until it begins to thicken. Add caramel topping; beat until soft peaks form.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons chocolate mousse into six parfait glasses; top with 3 tablespoons caramel mousse. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 711 calories, 66g fat (41g saturated fat), 218mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 13, 2012
Wow. Sounds delish, but not for that many cals! Gotta be a way to lighten it up.
Mar 22, 2011
You have got to be kidding......66 grams of fat per serving. No way, would I make this no matter how tempting it may look. And I love carmel!