Chocolate-Caramel Mousse Parfaits
Our home economist came up this tempting dessert that only requires three ingredients. The contrasting layers look lovely in tall, clear glasses.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- For chocolate mousse, heat 2 cups cream in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer, about 180°. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Beat until soft peaks form.
- For caramel mousse, beat remaining cream in a large bowl until it begins to thicken. Add caramel topping; beat until soft peaks form.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons chocolate mousse into six parfait glasses; top with 3 tablespoons caramel mousse. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 711 calories, 66g fat (41g saturated fat), 218mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate and Caramel Mousse in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Dec 13, 2012
Wow. Sounds delish, but not for that many cals! Gotta be a way to lighten it up.
Mar 22, 2011
You have got to be kidding......66 grams of fat per serving. No way, would I make this no matter how tempting it may look. And I love carmel!