Chocolate-Caramel Dream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed crisp ladyfinger cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Additional heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate stars for garnish if desired, optional
- 1. Combine crushed cookies and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Spread Nutella over crust. In a large bowl, combine caramel topping and 2 tablespoons cream; stir in almonds. Spoon over Nutella layer.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar; stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until smooth. In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread over caramel-almond layer.
- 4. Sprinkle with remaining confectioners' sugar. Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate stars if desired. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Alessi crisp ladyfinger cookies. Kept refrigerated, this can be made the day before serving.
1 piece: 901 calories, 67g fat (33g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Caramel Dream Pie
"I can't give this pie enough stars. It is beyond wonderful. Not only for every day but this would make a superb dessert for guests. I made one change. It called for crisp ladyfingers and since I could not find any, I used Nonni's Turtle Pecan Biscotti (6.88 oz. box) and used the entire box. Worked perfectly. I also used chocolate Nutella as the original recipe called for but you can use plain Nutella. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home. Absolutely wonderful."