Chocolate-Caramel Dream Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed crisp ladyfinger cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Additional heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate stars for garnish if desired, optional
- Combine crushed cookies and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread Nutella over crust. In a large bowl, combine caramel topping and 2 tablespoons cream; stir in almonds. Spoon over Nutella layer.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar; stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until smooth. In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread over caramel-almond layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining confectioners' sugar. Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate stars if desired. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 901 calories, 67g fat (33g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2015
I can't give this pie enough stars. It is beyond wonderful. Not only for every day but this would make a superb dessert for guests. I made one change. It called for crisp ladyfingers and since I could not find any, I used Nonni's Turtle Pecan Biscotti (6.88 oz. box) and used the entire box. Worked perfectly. I also used chocolate Nutella as the original recipe called for but you can use plain Nutella. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home. Absolutely wonderful.