- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (13 ounces) Rolo candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Shape dough by tablespoonfuls around each candy. In a small bowl, combine remaining pecans and sugar; dip each cookie halfway.
- Place with nut side up on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until top is slightly cracked. Cool for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Caramel Cookies
"I have made these for years. I use a small cookie scoop; fill almost full of dough; push Rolo about half way down into the dough so that is oozes out around the Rolo, push the edges of the dough together and release into the pecans. Easier than doing it with your hands. My kids, grand kids and great grand kids love them."
"I'm not thrilled how thses cookies look... They taste ok, but I will probably not make them again. I might try subsitiute the surgar for powdered sugar."
"I've been wanting to make these cookies for years,and when I finally decided to make them I was very disappointed because for me they were way too sweet,however I liked their texture,chewy inside and crispy outside,and I found that the caramel texture gets better the day after because it gets denser.I will probably not make them again."
"Awesome recipe!! For easier handling, chill dough for a couple of hours before forming dough around Rolo's."
"I had the ingredients, the Rolo's and picked this recipe. It all turned out perfect. Perfect dough texture and it made me feel like a pro. My family loves them."
"These are very good. The dough is very thick and stiff, almost like playdough, but the cookies turn out crisp on the outside with an oozing caramel center. I forgot to mix in the pecans so I only added them to the outside and they were still great. I also ran out of rolos at the end, and even those last five cookies were still really good. Note that this recipe makes 5 dozen cookies! (30 servings of 2 cookies each.)"
"These are one of the best cookies ever!"
"My husband couldn't stop eating them. They are wonderful - I will make them again!!"