This recipe proves that you can bake terrific tasting cheesecakes with less fat. I call it the "Skinny Turtle" because layers of caramel and nuts top the graham cracker crust, complementing the chocolate cheesecake. —Tamara Trouten of Fort Wayne, Indiana
Featured In: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 6 whole reduced-fat graham crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 25 caramels
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir caramels and milk until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over caramel layer. Place pan on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p35
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2010
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2009
"This was the recipe I chose for my first attempt at baking a cheesecake. Turned out great! Gooey caramel + cheesecake = can't go wrong!"