- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- CARAMEL LAYER:
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add flour and mix well. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside. In a saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts. Spread over crust. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over caramel layer. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Caramel Bars with Walnuts
"I've made these many times. Simple and inexpensive. I cooked the caramel layer a bit longer and they were fabulous. Don't last long either."
"Very fast and easy, the best part they were great!"