Chocolate Cappuccino Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, combine the egg white, 3/4 cup sugar, oil, corn syrup, vanilla and coffee; beat until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to coffee mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with a glass dipped in the remaining sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until center is set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 43 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Nov 16, 2011
The cookies are good especially if you like coffee. I made these from TOH's "The Ultimate Cookie Collection" cookbook. It seems there may be a misprint in the book calling for 2 tsp of corn syrup and 2T of corn syrup. I would like to know the correct amount since I followed the recipe in the cook book.The dough was wet, I added 1/4cup more flour and they were messy rolling into balls and flattening with the glass dipped in sugar. (as a previous person mentioned) Then I decided to dip the glass in powdered sugar and that worked much better.
Sep 21, 2011
These taste good, but the smashing with a glass dipped in sugar was messy and tedious. Mine were too wet to roll into a ball so I used a scoop.
Jul 21, 2011
these aren't ur typical cookie. The flavor was good, but they didn't spread out some like i was expecting.
Aug 1, 2010
Changed the instant coffee granules to 2T espresso shot plus 1/2 tsp finely ground espresso beans because I live in latte land and I wanted to up the coffee. My family loved them. My son in the Army appreciated the chocolate without being gooey in the heat. Definitely will make them again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.