Chocolate Candy Cane Martinis
A peppermint martini is perfect for a fun Christmastime gathering of friends. Crushed candy canes on the rim add festive flair. —Crystal Schlueter, Babbitt, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 12 ounces cake-flavored vodka
- 12 ounces chocolate liqueur
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 candy canes (regular size), finely crushed
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a pitcher, combine cream, vodka and liqueur. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in 3 tablespoons crushed candies; pour remaining candies onto a small plate. Refrigerate whipped cream mixture until serving.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread onto a small plate. Spin rims of 12 cocktail glasses into melted chip mixture, then into crushed candies. Pour vodka mixture into prepared glasses; dollop with whipped cream mixture. If desired, garnish with additional candy canes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 673 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Red Velvet Candy Cane Martini in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.