- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 48 pieces; shape each into a 3-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; curve the top of each cookie to form the handle of a candy cane. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and sprinkle with candies. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Candy Cane Cookies
"kind of bland. didn't really care for it that much. just average"
"I love this recipe. I started making it a few years ago when I found it in a cookbook given to me by my mother. It is perfect for holiday parties!"