- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 48 pieces; shape each into a 3-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; curve the top of each cookie to form the handle of a candy cane. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and sprinkle with candies. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p38
Reviews for Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2013
"kind of bland. didn't really care for it that much. just average"
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2012
"I love this recipe. I started making it a few years ago when I found it in a cookbook given to me by my mother. It is perfect for holiday parties!"