Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + standing
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 48 pieces; shape each into a 3-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; curve the top of each cookie to form the handle of a candy cane. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and sprinkle with candies. Let stand until set.
Nov 30, 2013
kind of bland. didn't really care for it that much. just average
Dec 16, 2012
I love this recipe. I started making it a few years ago when I found it in a cookbook given to me by my mother. It is perfect for holiday parties!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.