Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling Recipe
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a 9-in. fluted tube pan. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 2. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the peanut butter and confectioners' sugar; beat until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Split cake in half horizontally; place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread with the peanut butter mixture. Top with remaining cake. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. In a small heavy saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in chocolate chips; cook and stir until chocolate is melted. Refrigerate until spreadable. Frost top and sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece: 345 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling
"I use canned frosting to save time...we call it the number 11 cake...better than a ten!"
"frosting was a mess, maybe whipping it first would have helped, its just running all over the place"
"I made this for my co-workers and it was a huge hit. Everyone who tried it loved it and it was super easy to make."
"I am wondering about the nutritional values also. Have they been posted?"
"I think this recipe failed to include a key step for making the icing: you have to whip the whipping cream icing after you take it out of the fridge. Otherwise it is all runny instead of fluffy."