- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Split cake in half horizontally; place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread with the peanut butter mixture. Top with remaining cake. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in chocolate chips; cook and stir until chocolate is melted. Refrigerate until spreadable. Frost top and sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling
"I use canned frosting to save time...we call it the number 11 cake...better than a ten!"
"frosting was a mess, maybe whipping it first would have helped, its just running all over the place"
"I made this for my co-workers and it was a huge hit. Everyone who tried it loved it and it was super easy to make."
"I am wondering about the nutritional values also. Have they been posted?"
"I think this recipe failed to include a key step for making the icing: you have to whip the whipping cream icing after you take it out of the fridge. Otherwise it is all runny instead of fluffy."