Chocolate Cake with Coconut Sauce
With the bold flavors of raspberry and coconut enhancing fudgy chocolate cake and creamy vanilla ice cream, what's not to love?-Tabitha Freeman of Middletown, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (19.6 ounces) frozen chocolate fudge layer cake
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red raspberry preserves
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Cut cake in half. Return half to the freezer. Let remaining cake stand at room temperature to thaw.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the coconut, milk and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut cake into four slices; place on dessert plates. Spread with preserves. Top with coconut mixture and ice cream.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Pepperidge Farm frozen three-layer cake.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 571 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Over the Top Chocolate Raspberry Vanilla Ice Cream Fix in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008