Chocolate Butterscotch Tartlets
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apricot brandy
- 4-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Grated orange zest
- Place chocolate and butterscotch chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup cream just to a boil. Pour over chips; whisk until smooth. Stir in brandy. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon chocolate mixture into tart shells; top with whipped cream and garnish with orange zest. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 81 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 30, 2017
Can regular brandy be used in place of apricot brandy?
Dec 31, 2014
Can something else be used instead of apricot brandy if kids will be eating this? I am sorry, it won't let me submit this without rating it.
Oct 4, 2013
The recipe make 3 3/4 of a dozen tartlets. I was cooking for myself and three others. I was positive I would have to bring the leftovers to work the next day, but my friends urged me not too. Half were gone by the end of the night, the rest over the next couple days. Absolutely delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.