Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, egg, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 195 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 6, 2013
A great recipe! A perfect cross between a brownie and a cookie. A definite keeper!!
Dec 21, 2012
I doubled this recipe for Christmas cookies and make them small, baking for 10 minutes; yield of 60 cookies for a double recipe. Excellent!!
Jul 4, 2012
Not my DAY..Grandchildren packing to return to Iowa. Made cookies, DID Notchange anything. Batter too thin! Refrigerated, tried adding abit more flour, hard as a rock.!.Had used margarine for baking.
Jan 8, 2011
yum! we loved these. the only bad thing is that it only makes a dozen cookies
Mar 7, 2010
Delish! I didn't have any unsweetened chocolate on me, so I used cocoa powder, but the results were still great.
Dec 9, 2008
These are fabulous! My family loves these - I make several batches during the holidays. My young stepson likes to help me roll them in sugar.