Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, egg, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 195 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 6, 2013
A great recipe! A perfect cross between a brownie and a cookie. A definite keeper!!
Dec 21, 2012
I doubled this recipe for Christmas cookies and make them small, baking for 10 minutes; yield of 60 cookies for a double recipe. Excellent!!
Jul 4, 2012
Not my DAY..Grandchildren packing to return to Iowa. Made cookies, DID Notchange anything. Batter too thin! Refrigerated, tried adding abit more flour, hard as a rock.!.Had used margarine for baking.
Jan 8, 2011
yum! we loved these. the only bad thing is that it only makes a dozen cookies
Mar 7, 2010
Delish! I didn't have any unsweetened chocolate on me, so I used cocoa powder, but the results were still great.
Dec 9, 2008
These are fabulous! My family loves these - I make several batches during the holidays. My young stepson likes to help me roll them in sugar.