- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, egg, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Brownie Cookies
"A great recipe! A perfect cross between a brownie and a cookie. A definite keeper!!"
"Not my DAY..Grandchildren packing to return to Iowa. Made cookies, DID Notchange anything. Batter too thin! Refrigerated, tried adding abit more flour, hard as a rock.!.Had used margarine for baking."
"yum! we loved these. the only bad thing is that it only makes a dozen cookies"
"Delish! I didn't have any unsweetened chocolate on me, so I used cocoa powder, but the results were still great."
"These are fabulous! My family loves these - I make several batches during the holidays. My young stepson likes to help me roll them in sugar."