Chocolate Bliss Brownies
I first tried these at a brunch and begged the hostess for the recipe. Sometimes I'll eliminate the frosting and just sprinkle the top with confectioners' sugar.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate syrup. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (brownies may appear moist). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add sugar and milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 30 seconds. Remove from the hear; stir in the chips until melted. Beat until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cooled brownies; cut.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 120 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chocolate Bliss Brownies in Best of Country Cookies