Chocolate Berry Tarts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 4 tablespoons butter; stir in cracker crumbs and sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, cinnamon and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour into crusts. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, arrange berries over filling; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 796 calories, 57g fat (34g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 7g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2017
The nutrition info is correct (for the measurements listed.) However, I find the measurements for the crust to be off. To make a 2-serving tart: 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs, 1 tsp of sugar and 2 1/2 tbsp butter. The nutrition info for each is: 564 calories, 40 g of total fat, 68 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 56 g total carb, 20 g sugar. A decadent dessert, but for someone without diet restrictions :D
Nov 21, 2011
I think the nutrition info is wrong; I'm guessing it's about half of what is reported on the recipe.
Feb 9, 2011
I agree with bubala -- 796 calories for 1 dessert!!! If that's not a mistake, it definitely needs a makeover.
Feb 9, 2011
you gotta be kidding 796 calories for 1 dessert!!!!!!!!