- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 4 tablespoons butter; stir in cracker crumbs and sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, cinnamon and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour into crusts. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, arrange berries over filling; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Berry Tarts
"The nutrition info is correct (for the measurements listed.) However, I find the measurements for the crust to be off. To make a 2-serving tart: 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs, 1 tsp of sugar and 2 1/2 tbsp butter. The nutrition info for each is: 564 calories, 40 g of total fat, 68 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 56 g total carb, 20 g sugar. A decadent dessert, but for someone without diet restrictions :D"
"I think the nutrition info is wrong; I'm guessing it's about half of what is reported on the recipe."
"I agree with bubala -- 796 calories for 1 dessert!!! If that's not a mistake, it definitely needs a makeover."
"you gotta be kidding 796 calories for 1 dessert!!!!!!!!"