Chocolate Berry Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry or black raspberry spreadable fruit, divided
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- RASPBERRY CREAM:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries, optional
- 1. Place 3/4 cup of spreadable fruit in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 40-60 seconds or until melted; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Combine sour cream and melted fruit spread; add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Place remaining spreadable fruit in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until melted. Brush over warm cake. Cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- 3. For raspberry cream, puree raspberries in a blender or food processor; strain and discard seeds. Fold in the whipped topping. Serve with the cake. Garnish with fresh berries if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 497 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Berry Pound Cake
"Excellent crowd pleaser, a little drier than I like but added 2/3 C buttermilk and came out perfect. Used fresh strawberries on top and just seedless fruit spread instead of the raspberry puree with the whipped cream and turned out beautiful!"