- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1/3 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons strawberry ice cream topping
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9x5-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty foil. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press half of the mixture into prepared pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Pour half of the milk into a small bowl; stir in strawberries and strawberry topping. Fold in half of the whipped cream. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Freeze for 45-60 minutes or until firm.
- In a small bowl, combine the almonds, chocolate syrup and remaining milk. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread over crumb layer (pan will be full). Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Using foil, lift dessert out of pan. Invert onto a serving platter; discard foil. Cut into slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Berry Freeze
"I made this about 3 weeks ahead of time, kept it frozen and brought it with me over 3 hours away. I always changed it up adding golden oreos for the crust and frozen blueberries and rasberries and blueberry topping, instead of chocolate and strawberries. Everyone loved it and was a big hit. Would definately make it again!!!"
"Love the flavor and looks impressive; 1/2 cup butter seemed way too much...could not "sprinkle" on the second half (I'll try 1/4 cup butter next time and see how that works); and Cool Whip would probably make it overly sweet since you are mixing the whipped cream with sweetened condensed milk. If you want to try it, it is probably about 1 to 1-1/2 cups of whipped cream per layer."
"This recipe sounds really good and very easy....one question....can Cool Whip be used instead of heavy whipping cream?Thanks!"