- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Banana Muffins
"Tried this recipe and it was a bitter disappointment - too much baking soda and not enough sugar in the recipe."
"Oh boy are these muffins ever yummy! They are moist and flavorful. I used milk chocolate chips because it's what I had and pecans because my husband doesn't like walnuts. The easily released from the pan using a butter knife to lift them out. The only bummer is that some of the chocolate chips on the bottoms of the muffins stuck to the pan, even though it was sprayed. These would be perfect in a lunch box, as an after school snack and most definitely for breakfast. As a TOH Volunteer Field Editor I definitely recommend this recipe."
"I had to create an account just to review this recipe! I love love love these! The best banana muffins I've ever made.. I can't stay away.. So airy and fluffy! New favorite.. Love love love!!!"
"These are fantastic!"
"Added about a half cup of fresh cranberries. Used regular brown sugar. Came out fantastic."
"Very good, and I am not a fan of banana bread. Made as directed except used 3/4 cup packed brown sugar and about a 1/4 cup Splenda. I used mini-muffin pan and it made 48 muffins filling the cup to the brim. I like 'em to have a muffin top. I live in a very small town outside of Fayetteville, AR. Took them to our Senior Center and they were gone in no time! Several folks asked for the recipe."
"Just took these out of the pan and the one that stuck and came apart was really delicious!! i followed the recipe exactly and had no problem with the baking soda as other reviewer mentioned. I did, however, make 12 muffins instead of 24. The cups were about 3/4 full and it took 22 minutes to bake into fluffy muffins with nice tops. I think dividing then into 24 cups would yield topless muffins. Great recipe, thanks!"
"I made as directed except I used pecans. Nothing wrong with the amount of baking soda! I've made these several times and thought I owed it a good review. :)"