VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 small balloons, filled with air
- 4 cups chopped bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate, melted and cooled
- Assorted sprinkles, optional
- Mousse, ice cream, sorbet, assorted fresh fruit and assorted candies, optional
- Clean balloons with a damp paper towel. Drop chocolate, 1 tablespoonful at a time, 2-3 in. apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. There should be eight circles. Pour remaining bittersweet chocolate into a small bowl.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon white chocolate over bittersweet chocolate. Swirl with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Holding the tied end, dip 1 balloon halfway into bowl of melted chocolate, rolling back and forth to coat; allow excess to drip off. Repeat, adding 1 tablespoon white chocolate to bittersweet chocolate before dipping each remaining balloon.
- To secure balloons, lightly press each one dipped side down onto a chocolate circle; wait a few seconds before releasing pressure. Refrigerate until set. Gently pop balloons; discard. Fill as desired, with mousse, ice cream, sorbet, fresh fruit or candy. Yield: 8 bowls.
Originally published as Chocolate Balloon Bowls in Taste of Home November 2015