Chocolate Angel Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, adding cocoa when mixing.
- Fill foil- or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 11-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and cracks feel dry. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the sour cream, confectioners' sugar and extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Angel Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting
"Hands down, the worst recipe I have ever made from Taste of Home. Tastes like fake chocolate air, and the sour cream/cool whip combo is not a good one. You just cannot get a decent chocolate taste by adding cocoa to angel food mix; you need to use actual chocolate mix. The only reason it gets 2 stars instead of one is because they turned out the way they were supposed to."
"These are fantastic! Light and flavorful. I topped half with the coconut and half with raspberries. Big hit!"
"just follow the directions on the box and add in cocoa and use oven temp that is for cake"
"I want to try this but it says to follow directions on angel food cake mix box for cupcakes and there is no recipe for cupcakes on the box. Can anyone help? Have to click 4 stars because I feel the directions are incomplete."