- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with 1/4 cup butter; quickly spread in an even layer over bottom and sides of prepared pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the condensed milk, salt and remaining butter and chips until melted; stir until well blended. Gradually stir in the water; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add amaretto; cook for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool to room temperature.
- Fold half of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Using foil, lift chocolate shell out of pan; gently peel off foil. Return shell to the pie plate; spoon filling into shell. Garnish with remaining whipped cream; sprinkle with almonds. Chill for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChocolate-Amaretto Mousse Pie
"It doesn't say, but is the "crust" up the sides or just the bottom of the pan?"