"Good food is best when shared with family and friends," says Lise Thomson of Magrath, Alberta. "But I'm tempted to make an exception with this cool and creamy make-ahead frozen dessert. It's so smooth and chocolaty I could eat it all by myself!"
Recommended: 35 Cookie Recipes You Need in Your Collection
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first four ingredients; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in almonds. Spread into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Velvet in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p44