Chocolate Almond Pie
Almonds replace pecans for a sweet and satisfying pie. The inclusion of chocolate chips makes it hard to eat just a single slice!—Rosemarie Weleski, Natrona Hts., Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream and grated chocolate, optional
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Fill with almonds and chocolate chips. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, cinnamon, extracts and salt. Pour into pastry.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 550 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Toasted Almond Chip Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.