Chocolate Almond Logs
These awesome almond and chocolate treats are always popular at our annual church cookie sale. The tray empties in no time!
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter-flavored shortening, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chips or 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a small bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup shortening and sugar. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-1/2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt white chips and remaining shortening. Dip one end of each cookie in melted chips; allow excess to drip off. Roll in almonds. Place on waxed paper to firm.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.