So much rich, chocolatey flavor, so little time! My truffle-like cookies are deceptively easy to make and look oh so elegant on a party tray. —Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups (18 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips with milk, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in granola and almonds. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in miniature chocolate chips. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, about 2 hours. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Drops in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2017