Chocolate Almond Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Arrange half of the cake cubes in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; set aside. In a large saucepan, whisk milk and pudding mixes. Add candy bar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Pour half of the pudding over cake cubes. Sprinkle with half of the almonds; cover and refrigerate. Transfer remaining pudding to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Arrange remaining cake cubes over dessert. Whisk chilled pudding; fold in whipped cream. Spread over top and sprinkle with remaining almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 215 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 21, 2011
Very light but hits the spot for a chocolate fix! Love the toasted almonds, really adds a lot! Whole family loves it. Definitely will make it again.
Aug 18, 2010
This was a hit. A tip though is to pour the chocolate mixture out of the pot into another pot or dish once thickened as it continues to bubble and sticks to the bottom of the pot.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.