Chocolate-Almond Dessert Crepes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chocolate fudge ice cream topping and whipped topping
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs and butter. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and cocoa; add cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until well blended. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet. Stir batter; pour 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. Stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spoon or pipe chocolate filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Drizzle with fudge topping and garnish with whipped topping. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 filled crepe (calculated without ice cream topping and whipped topping): 320 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 10, 2014
Feb 6, 2013
Also, sugar free topping and chocolate syrup.
Feb 6, 2013
I used sugar-free chocolate pudding for the filling as I am a diabetic...crepes are excellent!
Apr 24, 2011
This was a yummy recipe, I will make a couple of changes next time, I will not use the gelatin because it made it more of a fluffy mousse rather than a creamy filling and only use 1 teaspoon of vanilla, I actually used almond extract and they were very good.