Chocolate Almond Crumble Bars
This is my own recipe, one I created in a hurry when guests were coming and chocolate chips and condensed milk were just about all I had in my baking cupboard!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, slivered
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture is in pea-size chunks. Press firmly into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over crust. Drizzle milk over chips. For topping, combine flour, sugar and almonds in a bowl; cut in butter as for pie crust. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 213 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Crumble Bars in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate