Chocolate Almond Cookies
Special occasions around our house have always been indicated by these chocolate-dipped, jam-filled cookies. They not only look appealing, they taste terrific, too.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup raspberry jam or jam of your choice
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour and almonds; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Shape into one 12-in. roll; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread 1 teaspoon jam on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Dip cookies halfway into melted chocolate; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets to set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 221 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Cookies in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.