- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa and butter; mix well. Press into the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; chill.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and remaining sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in 1 teaspoon of extract and remaining cocoa. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the center is almost completely set. Cool completely. Refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- In a mixing bowl, whip cream until it mounds slightly. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining extract; continue whipping until soft peaks form. Spread evenly over cheesecake. Sprinkle with almonds. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Almond Cheesecake
"Cheesecake is the way to finish any meal! This recipe is tasty. I've changed the crust by leaving out the chocolate or using vanilla wafers for the crust."
"My family's favorite dessert recipe of all time!!"