- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 pound dark or milk chocolate confectionery coating
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup and salt; mix well. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir in almonds; microwave on high for 4 minutes. Add the butter and vanilla; microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir in baking soda. As soon as the mixture foams, quickly pour onto a greased metal baking sheet. Cool completely. Break into 2-in. pieces. Melt chocolate coating in a double boiler or microwave. Dip one side of brittle in chocolate and place on waxed paper to harden. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1 pound.
Reviews forChocolate Almond Brittle
"I agree with DeDe71. My brittle too was somewhat soft and stuck to our fillings. The cooking times need to be extended as it did not reach soft crack stage which is 280 degrees. Would not make again, wasted alot of ingredients. Would use a candy thermometer recipe."
"Taste good, but my brittle is kind of soft too. When I broke into pieces it seemed hard like brittle should be, but as I eat it, it's chewy and sticks to my teeth."
"My Brittle is not getting hard...any suggestions?"
"Have made this recipe for years. Give it away for Christmas. Any ideas on how to double the recipe?"
"Very good! My husband asks me to make it a lot. The chocolate takes a while to set, so make it early:)"
"I make this for my Dad every year for his birthday and sends the tin home with me for a refill next year. Everyone asks for this recipe and it is fast and simple!"