Chocolate Almond Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon hot water
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and semisweet chocolate until blended. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; beat into chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead in almonds. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, shape dough into a 12-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 13 slices. Place cut side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and crisp, turning once. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle white chocolate over biscotti; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 190 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 9, 2017
My favorite recipe!!
Nov 9, 2009
Wonderful! I gave this for Christmas gifts last year, and everyone loved it!
Oct 31, 2009
Absolutely delicious-with coffee or without!