“During college, I came across a chocolate biscotti recipe and played around with it until I came up with this one,” relates Lori Hinze of McCook, Nebraska. “It’s great with tea or coffee for dunking.”
Featured In: Chocolate Almond Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 square (1 ounce) semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon hot water
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, melted
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and semisweet chocolate until blended. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; beat into chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead in almonds. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, shape dough into a 12-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 13 slices. Place cut side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and crisp, turning once. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle white chocolate over biscotti; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 13 cookies.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Biscotti in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p15
Reviews forChocolate Almond Biscotti
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2017
"My favorite recipe!!"
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2009
"Wonderful! I gave this for Christmas gifts last year, and everyone loved it!"
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2009
"Absolutely delicious-with coffee or without!"