When your kids just can’t wait to dig into something sweet, put together these speedy banana splits. Experiment with various flavors of ice cream. —Candy McMenamin, Lexington, South Carolina
Recommended: 16 Banana Split-Inspired Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars with almonds (1.45 ounces each), chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- In a microwave, melt candy bars with cream. Stir until blended; keep warm.
- Halve bananas lengthwise; arrange in two dessert dishes. Add ice cream; drizzle with warm chocolate sauce. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Almond Banana Splits in Country Woman February/March 2010, p39